By Vulcha
I find the current Comicsgate meltdown over Vox's imprint pretty hilarious. I frankly don't know why Vox would want to associate with the ComicsCucks crowd at this point. The guys on EVS's podcast are perfectly happy to live off of IndieGoGo scraps while EVS is the only one who makes a real living. I would probably enjoy some of their comics but I'm not going to go to a crowdfund site and back 20 different projects to get my comics a year later. The ComicsCucks are totally missing the point. Vox is the only one creating a publishing house while they are essentially panhandling.
By E Deploribus Unum
Vulcha wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 pm
I find the current Comicsgate meltdown over Vox's imprint pretty hilarious. I frankly don't know why Vox would want to associate with the ComicsCucks crowd at this point. The guys on EVS's podcast are perfectly happy to live off of IndieGoGo scraps while EVS is the only one who makes a real living. I would probably enjoy some of their comics but I'm not going to go to a crowdfund site and back 20 different projects to get my comics a year later. The ComicsCucks are totally missing the point. Vox is the only one creating a publishing house while they are essentially panhandling.
The meltdown was too funny. I watched a few minutes of EVS's circle twerk that was going on at the same time as the Darkstream, and it's pretty evident they are just blowing off steam. Best line from Vox: "What have you built? What exactly have you built?" Precisely correct. They've been sitting around talking about the situation in the industry for months and doing nothing more than putting way too much money in the pockets of creators who have no idea what to do with it. As of this moment, Timothy Lim is a way more credible ComicsGater than anyone actually using the brand. He's been offending people with gorgeous pro-Trump stuff for over a year now, and he's still at it. Meanwhile D&C, EVS and the rest have yet to actually produce anything.
By Vulcha
So after spending some time this morning looking at a few of the reactions to this, I think I'm more perplexed than ever. EVS and his group are loony. I liked EVS when he was bashing Star Wars but his nonstop superchat panhandling on YouTube was a major turnoff before yesterday's nonsense. In my eyes he's done irreperable harm to his reputation.

I didn't back his original Cyberfrog campaign but I thought I would support his variant cover last week. I decided to cancel that pledge and spend my money Gun Ghoul.
By kHz
The spergout on Vox's stream was excellent, and Twitter's been a tasty mess. And to think it all could have gone quite differently from the start.

The ineffectual cashgrab web. They don't want to win.
By E Deploribus Unum
We have to remember a big portion of EVS's financial support both on IndieGoGo and the YouTube videos comes from average IQ, low-information, socially immature fanboys that just enjoy his 'Uncle E' schtick and have few real convictions about anything. The Darkstream takeover made that obvious. Most don't even understand the terms EVS throws around, as is evident from the way they use them. They have no real reason to hate or fear SJWs: they believe most of the same things. They couldn't be more different from the VP and Darkstream regulars.

And that 'Cecil' goof with a pair of butt cheeks for a head and a rectum for a mouth seems to be the most 'over' thing about the ComicsGate livestreams. That says it all.
By BHVultaan
I still don't have a handle on what happened to Will Caligan in this fracas. The implication was that he was attacked by the EVS crowd, and perhaps by EVS himself, for not wanting to join up with ComicsGate.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and if Will is doing ok medically? Thank you in advance!
By Starboard
If I understand correctly, Will was pressured into supporting ComicsGate on Twitter. He did so less than enthusiastically, because he was pressured. They then turned around and said they weren't coercing him, and it had to be voluntary. I don't know how bad it got, but Will ended up deleting his Twitter account. I don't know all the rest of the posturing from the CG side (who has time to watch all that EVS video?), but Vox's curtness looks justified and remarkably patient.
By E Deploribus Unum
Starboard wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:38 pm
If I understand correctly, Will was pressured into supporting ComicsGate on Twitter. He did so less than enthusiastically, because he was pressured. They then turned around and said they weren't coercing him, and it had to be voluntary. I don't know how bad it got, but Will ended up deleting his Twitter account. I don't know all the rest of the posturing from the CG side (who has time to watch all that EVS video?), but Vox's curtness looks justified and remarkably patient.
Thanks. That's useful. I didn't know what was going on there either.
By voxday
The ComicsGate guys are not SJWs, but they are also not the allies we had thought they might be. So, we've simply withdrawn our efforts to help them and our offers to work with them. If an individual creator wants to work with us, that's fine. But otherwise, they're simply not relevant to our objectives.

It's very much a Sad Puppies-Rapid Puppies thing. They want to convince Marvel and DC to reform. We intend to replace them.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]