By Starboard
Vox,
Succinctly put. 2VS ruffled my feathers with the AH1 review with his father. It felt petty and unprofessional. That you mined qualitative criticism from that review was impressive. This last kerfuffle finished illuminating the terrain nicely. The enemy of my enemy isn't necessarily an ally or an enemy. I'll stick with Castalia House/Arkhaven/Dark Legion for the majority of my contemporary reading.
By E Deploribus Unum
Yes, I'm done with supporting the Comicsgate guys. Of them all, D&C seems the most together currently, but who knows how that'll play out.
By E Deploribus Unum
Watched a couple of D&C's recent videos. Other than his ill-advised and ill-informed comments about Vox on Twitter, Meyer seems to be mostly avoiding talking about the 2VS ComicsGate imprint craziness and sticking to slapping Marvel around. But what he IS doing is sitting at home sticking copies of Iron Sights in envelopes for backers. I simply cannot understand why anyone would go this time-intensive and expensive route with large numbers of orders to fill. He's going to have a riot trying to pull that off with Jawbreakers, and there's zero chance 2VS will be able to do it with Cyberfrog -- assuming he ever stops self-promoting long enough to actually have product to ship.

On VP, a number of people have asked how 2VS or D&C think they are going to change comics this way. That has never been their objective, and both are fairly up front about it. (I don't know about the Breitweisers, but they're probably just looking to make a living too.) I'm not sure something that ambitious would even occur to the ComicsGate big names, or that they are sufficiently altruistic to consider making the necessary sacrifices that Vox and JDA are clearly willing to make.

What these guys have seized is the opportunity afforded them by chancing on a huge demographic of unhappy, largely young, fairly apolitical comic readers, and capitalizing on it with their natural ability to talk off the top of their heads. They produce huge volumes of chatty, approachable YouTube product and have significant numbers of followers, but they have no plan and they have no interest in anything other than maximizing the profitability of their own campaigns and feathering their nests. They are not in this for their audiences or to topple the Marvel/DC regimes, or even make them think twice about what they are doing.
By SilentDraco
Deploribus, this sounds like a better update and an interesting inversion of "The Music Man". The CG crowd, agitated by 2V$, sound exactly like the salesmen on-board the train, for the "Rock Island" opening number. All of them anxious for their crowd source commissions, and all a step ahead of angry people demanding product. And all complaining about Vox Day.

Right down to their indignant squawk that "he doesn't know the territory!"
"He can't draw fingers or hands! He ain't a artist!"

And then from the end of the car:
"Gentlemen, you had an opportunity. I made a market in graphics, as an alternate. I believe I'll give movies a try."
By Vulcha
Each of the Comicsgaters have about one more IndieGoGo run left in them before the fans abandon them. At the end of the day people want to support productivity, not a 50 dollar one off once a year.
By E Deploribus Unum
Vulcha wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:09 am
Each of the Comicsgaters have about one more IndieGoGo run left in them before the fans abandon them. At the end of the day people want to support productivity, not a 50 dollar one off once a year.
Correct. It seems evident the crowdfunding model tends toward diminishing returns if not managed judiciously, and these guys have no idea what they're doing other than splashing around in the vault like Scrooge McDuck.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]