The graphic novel series created by Chuck Dixon, Gary Kwapisz, and Vox Day. Based on the novels by PG Wodehouse.
By Gary
Chuck and I are working feverishly on the fourth issue now. Here is the opening page.Image
Attachments
Right ho 4-2 small.jpg
Right ho 4-2 small.jpg (161.14 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
By E Deploribus Unum
Honestly, Gary, your backgrounds are in a league of their own. The colors and textures are amazing. For pure enjoyment, the details are right up there with Gerhard of mid- and late-period Cerebus fame. (Gerhard could do spectacular water color stuff, though his forte was ink.) Having all your work in color is a real treat. What's really shocking is to get a copy of RDR on the same day as Jeeves #2 and put them side by side. If there's anybody more versatile in the business today, I don't know who it might be.
By BHVultaan
E Deploribus Unum wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:22 pm
Honestly, Gary, your backgrounds are in a league of their own. The colors and textures are amazing. For pure enjoyment, the details are right up there with Gerhard of mid- and late-period Cerebus fame. (Gerhard could do spectacular water color stuff, though his forte was ink.) Having all your work in color is a real treat. What's really shocking is to get a copy of RDR on the same day as Jeeves #2 and put them side by side. If there's anybody more versatile in the business today, I don't know who it might be.
What E said, Gary! Outstanding work!
By SilentDraco
Your backgrounds are lush and detailed, and look like a painter's rendering of the real scene. The foreground and mid-ground jokes, like the terrified squirrel, make me snicker and laugh. The small jokes and gags work with Chuck's dialogue to make some outrageous and funny combinations. It's funny because most of us have been in that situation - here, a lot of people do the "yes, dear" response to a monologue while watching which small animal or bird gets racked up. [My score in the last year is 4 confirmed, 2 probable (the birds flew off). Top that, old bean.]

I like the steady buildup of pressure for the absurd and insane behavior, and in graphic form, the sight gags add so much more.
By E Deploribus Unum
Agreed. This is so much better than I expected (not having a clue about Wodehouse in the first place) that I am now ashamed I have never read him. But you guys made it come alive.
By BHVultaan
E Deploribus Unum wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 am
Agreed. This is so much better than I expected (not having a clue about Wodehouse in the first place) that I am now ashamed I have never read him. But you guys made it come alive.
E Deploribus Unum -- This is the power of the comic book medium. Think about the old "Classics Illustrated" comic books from the 1950s and 1960s. While a small set, consider how many children chose to read Jules Verne or H.G. Wells or Edgar Rice Burroughs due to the comic book adaptations. I was one of those children. The comic book can be a powerful gateway to literature, science, history, and religion. This is why it must be reclaimed.
By E Deploribus Unum
Very true. I read the same things. Even the Marvel graphic novel rehash of those classics from the early nineties was far more worthwhile than much of their other output from the same period. I had the Sienkiewicz Moby Dick and it was absolutely amazing. It's a great idea if there are companies around willing to take the risk of adapting classics in the public domain and doing them this well.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]