The comics and graphic novels set in the world of QUANTUM MORTIS
By BHVultaan
B. H. Vultaan here, slated to provide some illustration support to Arkhaven Comics over the next few months. I am very thankful and proud to work for Vox on his revitalization of comic books. As my schedule permits, I plan to share a few of my sketches and chat with you about what you hope to see in this new world of Arkhaven/Dark Legion Comics.
By BHVultaan
Thanks, Joker!
By BHVultaan
Since Vox posted this on Facebook, it should be fair game for a repost here. My style is more 60s/70s than modern comic book flavor of exquisite detail or some flavor of modern art. My philosophy is that the art or illustration *always* takes a backseat to the story. I'm here to help the author tell his tale. That means I might be able to replace what the author said over several pages with a single picture. Keep in mind that I encourage constructive criticisms that help me identify weak areas in my technique, and I do want to hear about what you like in your comics, and not just the art.
Attachments
AltHero-Facebook_WardogsINC-post_20100309.jpg
Wardogs, Inc. (Arkhaven Comics / 2018-03-09)
AltHero-Facebook_WardogsINC-post_20100309.jpg (91.71 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
By BHVultaan
Dave wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:57 pm
Welcome, I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Thanks, Dave! I appreciate that.
By RevRighteous
Man that art really takes me back; immediately reminds me of straight up adventure/actions comics all too lacking these days!

The only comment I have is all the guys look the same. I imagine they are all part of unit, so it's a uniform battle suit, but it could help identify the characters if they had some small point of distinction on each of their suits, like a rank insignia for the leader for example or a slightly different helmet per their role in the squad. So you know which character you you are looking at in each scene.
By E Deploribus Unum
A very nice retro vibe about that. I suspect fully colored we'll have no problem distinguishing the various characters (their choice of weaponry is already a clue). I remember ROM, Spaceknight back in the 70s, where all the knights were different colors. Might not need to be something that obvious, but I'm sure there will be very defining features.
By BHVultaan
RevRighteous wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 pm
Man that art really takes me back; immediately reminds me of straight up adventure/actions comics all too lacking these days!
Thanks, Rev! That's what I was striving for in the image. Glad I delivered for you.
The only comment I have is all the guys look the same. I imagine they are all part of unit, so it's a uniform battle suit, but it could help identify the characters if they had some small point of distinction on each of their suits, like a rank insignia for the leader for example or a slightly different helmet per their role in the squad. So you know which character you you are looking at in each scene.
Yes, the similarity -- the uniform, if you will -- can be a challenge. Good point. That might be addressed with slight color variations in the armor (so we'd lean on the colorist's skills), addition of rank to the armor, perhaps some unofficial "morale" badges, or other additions as you suggest. The author of the book or the writer who is adapting it will work with the artists to sort that out. So agreed, we have some possible tweaks that we might add to help out the reader.
By BHVultaan
E Deploribus Unum wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:43 pm
A very nice retro vibe about that.
Thanks, E!
I suspect fully colored we'll have no problem distinguishing the various characters (their choice of weaponry is already a clue). I remember ROM, Spaceknight back in the 70s, where all the knights were different colors. Might not need to be something that obvious, but I'm sure there will be very defining features.
Yes, we'll figure something out that meets the story and reader needs. That's part of the puzzle and fun.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]