The first in the Wodehouse series. Published in 6 issues.
By SilentDraco
I received my QM and Jeeves yesterday. The artwork is well done, with background detail to sustain the story (and in Jeeves case, add more hilarity to the upper class tweaking). The color palettes work very well for both. Dialogues boxes are good, with nice size on the "tell" boxes needed for story background. Nothing looks compressed or stretched out of shape. The smaller size (about 6 x 9 inches) is easier to pack and take places, but still large enough to handle read easily. The heavy cover is amazing - no smudges, deformation, hard to tear. Great idea.

Review posted for both on Amazon. Adding my notes here about the comic structure, instead of giving hints to the Reeling Duo. No one considered higher quality paper or durable covers, because comics were treated as disposable pulp. Even with collector's issues, still the same dreck.

Now, about the Hildy poster ... any complaints about sexism halt at the muzzle of her weapon. She would be nearly as popular as Dynamique or Rebel.
By E Deploribus Unum
I realize these are Arkhaven's first ever, but one small missed opportunity is the blanks at the back - almost 3 for Jeeves and almost 4 for QM. Now, that doesn't bother the reader a bit, but it seems like from the publisher's perspective there's value to be gotten from those since it doesn't cost a cent more to print on them. Wouldn't hurt Arkhaven to run an add or two, or promote Castalia publications (especially things like the JCW teen series), or whatever is required to fill the available space.

Or do a Stan Lee and have an editorial page. Give it to Matt if Vox has no time. Matt has nothing to do ... :)

But I'm guessing Vox is already on that ...
By voxday
The blank pages are an artifact of the printing process. We can use one of them, but not the one with the ISBN number on the back. So you'll probably notice that we are switching to 23 pages of story, as this allows us to hit our pricing targets . What happened on the first ones was that we did 24 pages, to which the system then had to add TWO pages for the ISBN number, both of which we had to pay for.

There are a lot of these little idiosyncracies for which we have to account; the $2.99/$3.00 price was another one, as the one cent difference screwed up our distribution discounts. We're still sorting some of these things out. And this is why we didn't try to do Alt★Hero first. We knew there would be various devils lurking in the details.
By E Deploribus Unum
They are really more like books than comics. One thing I appreciate is the lack of ads breaking up the story, so I'm certainly not clamoring for those!
By johnsoax
Got my QM and Jeeves order over the weekend. The QM book was well put together, and while I didn't find it particularly interesting, it was well written (I haven't read anything else in the universe yet). I handed it to my older two boys. We will see what they think.

I haven't read the Jeeves yet, but I did notice that it was twice as thick as the QM book. After flipping through it, I found that I have two complete copies of the comic in one cover binding. Collectors edition!!
By Vulcha
voxday wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:25 pm
The blank pages are an artifact of the printing process. We can use one of them, but not the one with the ISBN number on the back. So you'll probably notice that we are switching to 23 pages of story, as this allows us to hit our pricing targets . What happened on the first ones was that we did 24 pages, to which the system then had to add TWO pages for the ISBN number, both of which we had to pay for.

There are a lot of these little idiosyncracies for which we have to account; the $2.99/$3.00 price was another one, as the one cent difference screwed up our distribution discounts. We're still sorting some of these things out. And this is why we didn't try to do Alt★Hero first. We knew there would be various devils lurking in the details.
I'd be interested to hear about all of these types of things in more detail at some point if you had time. I might be the only one but I'm intrigued how a cent on the cover can cause such a distribution issue. Also, I didn't even realize there were blanks inside.
By E Deploribus Unum
Agreed. The whole process is intriguing. Thankfully, having a few years of book production, printing and distribution under your belts, you guys were savvy enough to realize how many bugs you'd encounter and find ways to troubleshoot them in advance.

Actually, it's amazing how many printing issues the Big Two have after years of doing the same thing over and over ... I've got a bunch of them in bags at home.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]