Discussion about the Alt★Hero series of comics and graphic novels.
By E Deploribus Unum
Vox on VP: "To be clear, an analysis of the two price points indicates that $2.99 comics sell 30 percent more copies than those priced at $3.99."

This analysis makes sense to me. While I like the idea of being the same dimensions as all the 'cool kids', the initial printings of QM and Jeeves are extremely attractive at $2.99, and the $1 difference really does add up, especially if you have to convert to Cdn funds or if you're buying multiple copies. I say go with the math and take the risk of being the edgy outsider, since that's your modus operandi anyway. You can always do a "premium reissue" if there's sufficient demand for the larger size, and some idiots like me would buy it again. All I would say is that if you start a 6-issue series at one size, finish it at the same size.
By Joker of Fairhaven
"3 for 9" vs "3 for 12". That's probably the real calculation that's important here for a lot of people.

Considering the nature of the Alt-Hero project, I feel the lower price makes the most sense. Market Share & Reach are important, so getting more comics in more hands is important for the early going.
By SilentDraco
The $2.99 price lets younger readers buy more, or like a VP comment noted, get a drink or snack with the comic book. Build the market with better comics and stories, and undercut the competition. I can buy a bunch inexpensively, and hand out or leave places where they'll get read. Create more interest and sales among younger readers.
By E Deploribus Unum
Will be interesting to see what the best long-term Arkhaven standard size turns out to be. I like the idea that the envelope is being pushed.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]