Discussion about the Alt★Hero series of comics and graphic novels.
By Summer95
E Deploribus Unum wrote: That's my bet too.
Of course, with a name like Headshot you can hardly expect the chap to just zap the guards in the neck with tranquilizer darts. Not his thing. Better watch out for his pal Spleen Remover too. I hear he's real testy.
By The Observer
Summer95 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:50 pm
The only thing I can think of is the way Headshot offed a few guards. Is there a rule that your "good guys" shouldn't engage in cold-blooded killing?
That, and the way they're heavily implied to have offed the program recruits.

TBH it's not just cold-blooded killing, but killing at all. It neatly sidesteps the moral quandaries involved, and also ensures that the villains can be reused later on after they break out of the local equivalent of Arkham Asylum for the umpteenth time. IIRC the Dark Lord has expressed distaste, both for no killing and bringing people back from the dead - the story should come first.
By 0n 2s
Have had my head buried in Maya and totally missed the issue release of this one. Loved it. Cant wait for the next issue!
By Summer95
The Observer wrote: That, and the way they're heavily implied to have offed the program recruits.
Ah yes, I was forgetting that.
TBH it's not just cold-blooded killing, but killing at all. It neatly sidesteps the moral quandaries involved, and also ensures that the villains can be reused later on after they break out of the local equivalent of Arkham Asylum for the umpteenth time.
Wolverine must be quite a problem. Not easy to be non-lethal with those blades!
By E Deploribus Unum
Summer95 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:33 pm
Wolverine must be quite a problem. Not easy to be non-lethal with those blades!
They have been dancing around that one for years, depending on the comic. Sometimes it's quite blatant that he's spraying severed intestines across the block. Other times, you just see claws flying with movement lines.
By SilentDraco
I agree with the premise that superheroes killed someone, and it was easily traced to them as a cause. No one was really killed by a superhero previously, expect perhaps for tiny bodies of Nazis in the background. This was up close and personal, but with the actual details omitted. Cause and effect were definitely there.

Those pages were a real "cold equations" moment. The desired outcome was one or more from:

Break Rebel free for their reasons (obviously, none of the team were Auburn alumni - 'Bama's in-state major rival)
Kill the recruits: willing, turned, or broken
Cause confusion on the total body count for guards, staff, and "talent" by disintegration or complete incineration

H. sequens became a way to extend war by other means, to paraphrase Clausewitz. Single or small group H. sequens actions are a quiet, subtle, or extremely public application of massive force at precise locations, intended to defeat or disrupt foes. However, each side (and some unknown players) get a vote on the outcomes.

This was light, dark, chilling, gruesome, and mystifying (Soulsight). I liked this a great deal.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]