FAQ, site guidelines, and a suggestion box.
By The Observer
Discuss the ongoing Q fundraising here. Opinions and your mileage may vary, and of course, we're only about eleven hours into it at this point. Some observations, though:

-The going is actually pretty strong, given the circumstances. Right now the ~15k is comprised of smaller donations instead of a few big donors, which indicates a larger base. We might not be able to hit 50k in one day, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't hit it at the end of the week.

-Regarding the big-ticket items, only one poster has been claimed so far, as opposed to the original campaign, which had a cameo and two heroes claimed right out the gate, if I remember correctly. I think the reason for this is twofold -- the shorter notice for Q means that people had about two to three weeks to put away money for it, as opposed to the six months or so between Dynamique appearing on the blog and the campaign launching.

The second point is that I think the big-ticket items are less of a bang for their buck this time around. The QIA agent cameo is roughly equivalent to the villain backing last time around, which was $1000; the hero backing the last time around allowed the big backers to make a permanent and recurring impact on the A-H universe, while we're not sure if the cameos will stretch beyond the Q side story.

Of course, this is only half a day into a 30 day campaign, and I hope I'm terribly wrong.

-People are noticing:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1 ... 0784891905

https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status ... 4477948928

https://twitter.com/UshiromiyaBungl/sta ... 4442522624
By SilentDraco
I'm watching the average donor amount, with and without large donors. A large base of small to medium donors (on average) is more impressive. This shows wider interest, and better market potential.

Alt Hero with several big donors broke the SJW dam , and started the release stream. Alt-Hero:Q can widen that stream, and as time passes and high quality comics keep coming, the flood wipes the SJW barriers away.
By SilentDraco
As of 8:10 am, average backer is $78, leaving out the one large backer (movie poster add-in), average is $72. The number of backing options claimed is also pretty uniform. Paperback Gold Logos, paper omnibus, and hardcover omnibus are about the same number. Averaging together the digital only and "all editions" options comes up with about the same as paperbacks. All number are rounded to the dollar for rough comparison.

Some backers want digital only, as a way to get good product inexpensively - cost per issue is about $4. I'm also thinking some back this as an FU to the SJW wreckers.

Many backers want hard copy (paperback issues or compilations). As individual issues or an omnibus, they want to have physical copies to leaf through and enjoy also. Cost per issue (digital and paper) ranges from $3 to $6, higher end is for the one who want just the hardcover omnibus.

The crowdfunding will give backers a high quality comic with excellent story, more like a graphic novella, for a reasonable issue price that includes writing, drawing, ink, production, and distribution. The price is very competitive in the market, and the quality is several steps above mass market scribbles.

The wailing of REEEEEEEs from SJWs are a bonus, as once again they're beaten with Captain Obvious' Cluestick: if you make the product your audience wants, they will buy it.
By E Deploribus Unum
My own take is that EVS Cyberfrog-type numbers are unrealistic given Arkhaven's current level of visibility in the regular comic book market, but I expect AH:Q should easily pass both Red Rooster and D&C's second offering (can't remember the name of that one). Anything bigger than that should be considered fantastic, and I think it's off to a great start.
By The Observer
78% now, with ~500 backers. We'll probably hit $50,000 sometime in the second day is my guess.

Agree, large base of small and medium donors is definitely more important than amount at this point. MMO/movies depend on wide appeal of base, rather than a few big spenders.

First attempts by SJWs to try and get it shut down:

https://twitter.com/theblackdog2071/sta ... 4556934147
Indiegogo seems to be becoming a platform for conspiracy theorists, alt-right, and MRAs to crowdfund printing their propaganda.

This campaign should be reported: https://t.co/n4Gv4VGQE3
https://twitter.com/AbeGaustad/status/1 ... 7536876546
@Indiegogo Why are you guys hosting a campaign run by a white supremacist? --> https://t.co/XPDadNFNKe
By Vulcha
Unless they add some stretch goals I don't know if they'll do more than the first campaign. Right now this is a 6 issue run no matter how much they raise. The last campaign had me coming back to buy more of each hardbound omnibus once each goal was met. For instance, if they offered a 2nd batch of issues 7-12, I'd be in for another $150.
By Vulcha
Vulcha wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:17 am
Unless they add some stretch goals I don't know if they'll do more than the first campaign. Right now this is a 6 issue run no matter how much they raise. The last campaign had me coming back to buy more of each hardbound omnibus once each goal was met. For instance, if they offered a 2nd batch of issues 7-12, I'd be in for another $150.
Vox just posted today that they are adding some stretch goals. :D
By BHVultaan
Meeting and exceeding the goal by any amount is now a "win". It means there is demand for the book.

Remember that Vox has these books available for order through Ingram, on demand. No one loses if they miss this Indiegogo. The books are created and the backers can spread their news to others who might be interested later. No missing an issue or hunting through the back issue bins. Just go buy a new copy. The only loss is if you wanted a gold logo.

This is a new paradigm in comics. Align with it.
By E Deploribus Unum
BHVultaan wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:42 pm
Meeting and exceeding the goal by any amount is now a "win". It means there is demand for the book.
It's been interesting to watch this one. As I suspected, the demand appears to be somewhat down but, benefits-wise, the first Alt-Hero Freestartr was insanely slanted toward the donors. This second campaign is way more realistic about perks, and so it should be. I have a feeling the last two days will definitely pop, and I hope they push it over $100,000. I have a few more bucks in the kitty, but I'm also thinking about Jon's Richard Fox project. There's a glut of options out there currently.
By voxday
The primary purpose of Arkhaven's crowdfunding campaigns is not to raise maximum money, but to determine if there is sufficient demand. We're very pleased with the success of the AH:Q campaign; if there is any disappointment it is that there will be 1000 backers rather than 2000. It was informative to learn that there was very little support from the Qanon community even with a plug from Neon Revolt; apparently their interest only extends to t-shirts and baseball caps.

Now, we could have significantly increased the total amount by adding more volumes, but we don't want to do that. We'll just do another campaign once we have finished and delivered this one. Since we're already getting the next 18 AH and CDA issues done, we did not want to add more than another six.

The good news is that AH:Q represents a big step up in budget and quality, and there is sufficient support from the Arkhaven community to allow us to do that. This will help make Arkhaven more directly competitive with the Big Two as time goes on. Remember, this is an ultra-marathon, not a 55-meter dash.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]