The forum to discuss the undead Civil War graphic novel series by Gary Kwapisz
By Gary
Matthew, Master of Data asked me to come up with a back cover for the first issue of RDR.Image
Attachments
RDR back cover small.jpg
RDR back cover small.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
By Man of the Atom
E Deploribus Unum wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:58 pm
Looks terrific.
It sure does! Outstanding stuff in RDR!

Gary, are you a traditional pen/ink/Bristol board artist or a digital artist these days?
By SilentDraco
Outstanding art. Great impact!

Now, I want a Gatling, 6000 rounds, and two buckets of holy water to dip the bullets. The scene is maybe TOO good.
By E Deploribus Unum
Excited about that upcoming 40-page print teaser. Gary, it's clear this is a smartly-written project with a clear goal in view. Your storytelling does not ramble and the art is gorgeous. I don't imagine it's something you produced quickly. Did you put this together for another company at one point, or is it just a labor of love? And what will the upcoming "teaser" include? Issue #1, I assume, plus ...?
By Dave
Gary wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 pm
Matthew, Master of Data asked me to come up with a back cover for the first issue of RDR.Image
I dunno, could call him Data for short.

That cover is definitely in keeping with what I've seen in the first two digital issues; really enhances the story as it should.

Not necessarily for Gary, but I counted 40 pages in digital issue #1 and 28 pages in #2 (out of 11 issues total). If this print edition is called a teaser, can we expect the remaining 240+ pages to become 5 or 6 print editions of 60-64 pages each?
By Gary
I do the B&W art traditionally and then all the finishes, colors and lettering digitally. I spend too much time sitting in front of my computer as it is, so I'm resistant to giving up any more time in my studio.
The first print edition will have the first 40 pages and then there will be two GN that will split the remaining 270 pages. But the digital comics will be the normal 28 pages, but with new covers. This is the cover for the second issue.Image
Attachments
SA 2 small.jpg
SA 2 small.jpg (157.45 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
By kHz
Will be difficult for Dark Legion to surpass the Devil-monkey. Really enjoyed RDR so far and images like that is the reason why.
By SilentDraco
I might wait for the graphic novels. I REALLY like the illustrations and format, but the digital comics are a little hard for me to read (except on the large monitor, which means I'm at the desk only). There's not quite enough contrast between borders, illustrations, and the devil monkey text (bright on dark background) for me. I need more line pairs to discriminate, identify the text, and read; otherwise it gives me a headache. OK, Gary, it's like an ice cream brain-freeze headache, because the comics are that good and chilling.
By E Deploribus Unum
I found the same thing with Chicago Typewriter. Perhaps it's a matter of reading on too small a screen. The printed versions are nowhere near as difficult to read, and the Kindle versions are so cheap that ... why not while I'm waiting for deliver anyway?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]