This forum is to discuss the city of Avalon and the series written by Chuck Dixon that is set in it.
By E Deploribus Unum
This looks AMAZING ... can't wait for the print version.
Attachments
CDA004_960.jpg
CDA004_960.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
By Mary MacArthur
I was put off at first when the artist switched; I really liked the roughness of Frank Fusco's style. But #4 especially has a new roughness that's really cool-- the transparent cel shading instead of smooth gradients in the color, and the texture of the pencilled rather than inked blacks--really complement the story.
By E Deploribus Unum
Mary MacArthur wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:43 pm
I was put off at first when the artist switched; I really liked the roughness of Frank Fusco's style.
I enjoyed Frank's work too. Arkhaven has a way to go in terms of setting and keeping release schedules, and in terms of having a consistent art style from beginning to end of a story arc, but there have been things about every Arkhaven artist I've liked. So long as the writing is solid (which it has been), an art change feels like a blip. You notice it, but not for long, before you're back to just enjoying the ride. I also liked the grittier look to this fourth issue, and the fact that the artist confined himself to the page in a more traditional style for most of the issue, bursting out into bleeds when there was a reason for it.
Alt★Hero Omnibus #1

My backer's version of the first Alt★Hero omnibu[…]