The forums for Dark Legion Comics
By SilentDraco
Time to catch up, now that my reading backlog is reduced. The Baron von Monocle series and Flying Sparks were on my list. JDA writes a pretty tight story, and does real romance and adult interactions well.
By E Deploribus Unum
SilentDraco wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 pm
Time to catch up, now that my reading backlog is reduced. The Baron von Monocle series and Flying Sparks were on my list. JDA writes a pretty tight story, and does real romance and adult interactions well.
He really does. His relationship stuff, platonic or sexual, is quite strong.
By SilentDraco
I ordered Flying Sparks and Meta-Man, along with a nonfiction book. Enjoyed them both. The artwork is very good, looks like Silver Age line work and colors, VERY good character drawing, natural poses and 'impact consequences' for injuries. she's a bit of a Mary Sue, but literally gets some of it knocked out of her , after she accepted the risk of a villain above her fight class. JDA writes a very good story line, with some good action and intrigue to match a well-crafted doubly hidden romance. I image a lot different kind of sparks will fly when they meet on hero 'business'. There's good, solid help and support from their friends (supporting characters). Meta-Man adds some very nice plot twists in the prequel, and was full of action and pathos.
By E Deploribus Unum
Jon does some unexpected things I quite liked: Metaman blowing off Nixon's photo request, for one; and that ending I probably shouldn't spoil. I'm not quite as gung-ho about Mike Abuan's art as Jethro's, but it's perfectly serviceable. Good show overall.
Alt-Hero Q #1: Where We Go One

[…]

At least I don't mangle it quite as badly as I use[…]